WHAT IS EUROSPORT?
It is a competition organised by and for the European Schools, which is held every two years and aims to promote sport as a healthy way of occupying leisure time, as well as to encourage coexistence and exchange between European schools. The competition is based on different sporting activities selected by the organising school.
- Two single-sex team sports tournaments. The host school must announce its choice of 2 of the following 4 team sports: basketball, volleyball, small-sided football and handball before the end of the previous EUROSPORT school year (same sports for boys and girls).
- 3 doubles / 3 mixed doubles for badminton or table tennis (as set out in rules 7.5.1. and 7.6.1.)
- 10 girls and 10 boys for aquathlon.
*The rules for each sport are described in the "Eurosport handbook" below.
DECALOGUE FOR THE SELECTION OF STUDENTS
- Technical-tactical level in team sport 1*.
- Technical-tactical level in team sport 2*.
- Technical-tactical level in badminton or table tennis (at the choice of the organising school).
- Personal record in aquathlon (750 mtrs. run - 50 mtrs. swim - 250 mtrs. run).
- Involvement in training and preparatory activities for Eurosport proposed by the subject.
- No physical or psychological contraindication for the practice of high intensity sports.
- Positive attitude and behaviour during their academic development at the School.
- Active, positive participation and respect for "fair play" in the subject of Physical Education.
- Ability to work cooperatively and to encourage team spirit.
- Ability to represent our school abroad in a positive and respectful way with the values of collaboration and interculturalism.
*Chosen by the organising school from among basketball, volleyball, football and handball.
For more information, please consult the documents available below: