School year 2021-2022
We would like to inform you that next Tuesday, 8th February 2022, at 18h00, there will be a joint information meeting with all S5 and S6 families.
The Work experience was first introduced in 1984 at the European School in München, and after a few years became part of the established curriculum for pupils in the 5th year of secondary school. This programme has now been adopted by many European schools and its importance is recognised by the Board of Governors.
Duration and participation
All pupils in year 5 must take part in the scheme, which lasts a minimum of two weeks.
This year 2022, all 5th-year secondary school pupils must participate in this school activity from 20 to 30 June. It is organised to take place after the June written exams and includes the week of the BAC oral exams.
This year 2022, due to the extraordinary situation, 6th-grade students are also allowed to take part on a voluntary basis.
Students are not allowed to receive any kind of remuneration for their work during the educational experience in companies.
- To provide an experience in a pupil’s chosen work environment.
- To form attitudes as support to career choice and to enhance personal development.
- To develop language and communication skills outside the school.
- To develop observation and social skills.
- To stimulate the process of career choice and introspection.
- To support the development of personal attributes such as reliability, punctuality, initiative, willingness, flexibility, and tolerance.
This Work Experience proves to be a very enriching experience every year. It has these particularities:
- Students must search for and find a placement in which to carry out the Work Experience before 30 April 2022.
- Once the placement has been found, the students will contact the employer and hand over the Experience acceptance document.
- The School will record all the information obtained on the work placement form.
- The guidance counselor of each section will be able to verify at any time whether the work placement is enriching for the student.
- An evaluation of the experience will be carried out by the school.
- The school will issue a certificate stating that the student is covered by the school's insurance, on the express condition that the student does not receive any remuneration.
- The company will evaluate the student's work.
For more details, please see below the information package, in one of the 4 vehicular languages (DE, EN, ES, FR):