CREATIVE WRITING COMPETITION
To promote our students’ literary creativity in different languages, the European School of Alicante is launching the Creative Writing Competition.
By entering you agree with the following competition rules:
TYPES OF ENTRY
- POETRY: poems on any topic of at least 10 lines, with or without rhyme.
- STORY WRITING: stories or any topic with a minimum length of 1 page on A4 size and a maximum of 3 pages on A4.
There are THREE categories for both poetry and story writing, namely:
A. Students in S1 - S2
B. Students in S3 - S4
C. Students in S5 - S6 - S7
- In each of the six options 2 prizes will be awarded, namely:
- FIRST PRIZE: a gift token worth €60
- SECOND PRIZE: a gift token worth €30
- The judges reserve the right not to give an award in one or more categories if they deem that no submissions meet the standards to earn an award. All decisions made by the judges are final.
- The prizes will be awarded at a ceremony organized by the School.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURE
- The 2020 European School of Alicante Creative Writing Competition is open to all secondary school students.
- Students may submit as many entries as they want to provide they are written in different languages. Students may also submit two entries in the same language if they belong to different categories (i.e. a story and a poem in the same language).
- The entries will preferably be submitted in print.
- Each page of entry must carry the student’s pen name followed by his/her year group. To ensure that judging of the entries is blind, the student’s name must NOT appear anywhere on the text.
- Each entry must be submitted in an envelope which states the student’s year group and the language of the entry. Inside this envelope, there must be another sealed envelope which has only the pen name written on the outside. This second envelope will contain a piece of paper with the entrant´s full name, year group and language section.
- The entries must be handed in to the Secretary or the School Librarian.
- The deadline for entries will be 19 May 2021.
PANEL OF JUDGES
The judges will be teachers from the 4 language sections, 1 teacher for each of the entrant's languages, and the School Librarian, Ms Cristina Llorens Estarelles.
Winners agree to publication on the European School of Alicante website and on the EuroTimes blog. Therefore, winners will be asked to submit an electronic copy of their entry (or entries) to firstname.lastname@example.org.